Welcome to Stoughton, Wisconsin, a charming city capturing many newcomers’ hearts. Stoughton is increasingly becoming a residential hotspot for a diverse demographic, from young professionals to new families. This evolving area has much to offer, from exciting community developments and an invigorating real estate scene to a promising future. So, if you’re new to the area, let’s look at what Stoughton, Wisconsin, has to offer and how to make your move here go as smoothly as possible.
- USPS Change of Address – One of the first things you must do when you move is change your mailing address. USPS makes it simple – all you need to do is fill out the Change-of-Address form on their website, and you’ll be all set!
- City of Stoughton website – From voting information and waste collection to volunteer opportunities and things to do in the area, this website will be your best resource for any information you need to settle into Stoughton.
- Stoughton Area School District – the SASD is an award-winning school district that excels in its educational practices with high-quality staff and engaged students. Their website is a great resource for learning about their schools and determining which is best for your children.
Why Choose Mad City Moving
If you’re still in the process of moving to Stoughton, Mad City Moving is here to help! We are the best choice for moving services in Dane County, Wisconsin. Our extensive knowledge and experience in the area allow us to navigate the city efficiently and provide you with a smooth moving process. We offer a wide range of moving services, including storage options, packing assistance, and white glove delivery, so no matter your needs, we’ve got you covered.
We know how stressful and overwhelming moving can be, so we’ve made this Moving Checklist to help assure you that you’ve completed all the necessary steps to make your move successful!
Top Things To Do in Stoughton
Once you’re all settled in, it’s time to get out and explore the area! Here are some of our favorite things to do in Stoughton, WI.
- Stoughton Opera House – This historic theater hosts a wide variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the season. Don’t miss a chance to see a show or visit this beautiful building!
- Livsreise Norwegian Heritage Center – This beautiful museum features the Norwegian cultural heritage brought to Stoughton and shares stories of individual immigrants.
- Troll Beach – Troll Beach is a fun-filled aquatic park with new innovative play structures, a concession stand, and pool chairs and umbrellas. Spend a warm, sunny summer day here with the family!
- Yahara River Trail – This gorgeous river trail is the perfect spot to take your bike for a scenic ride. The trail is separated into several sections, so you can make your ride as short or long as you like.