Nestled just 18 miles from Madison, in the heart of Dane County, lies the charming town of Mount Horeb, Wisconsin. Known for its unique heritage and friendly inhabitants, this growing community offers a blend of small-town charm and suburban convenience that makes it an ideal place to call home. Whether you’re drawn to the plentiful parks and vibrant local businesses, or the promise of a lifestyle that celebrates diversity and inclusivity, moving to Mount Horeb is a decision that promises a rich and fulfilling living experience. This guide will help you discover what makes Mount Horeb the perfect place to live and how to get fully settled into your new home.
- USPS Change of Address – One of the first things you must do when you move is change your mailing address. USPS makes it simple – all you need to do is fill out the Change-of-Address form on their website and you’ll be all set!
- Village of Mount Horeb website – From community events and waste collection to permit applications and things to do in the area, this website will be your go-to resource for any information you need to get settled into Mount Horeb
- Mount Horeb Area School District – The Mount Horeb Area School District is dedicated to nurturing, educating, and challenging all students. All schools in the district pride themselves on preparing and empowering students to be productive, responsible, and self-fulfilled members of society.
Why Choose Mad City Moving
If you’re still in the process of moving to Mount Horeb, Mad City Moving is here to help! We are the best choice for moving services in the Dane County, Wisconsin area. With our extensive knowledge and experience in the area, we are able to navigate the city efficiently and provide you with a smooth moving process. We offer a wide range of moving services, including storage options, packing assistance, and white glove delivery, so no matter what your needs are, we’ve got you covered.
We know how stressful and overwhelming moving can be, so we’ve made this Moving Checklist to help assure you that you’ve completed all of the necessary steps to make your move a successful one!
Top Things To Do in Mount Horeb
Once you’re all settled into your new home, it’s time to get out and explore the city. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Mount Horeb, WI.
- Tyrol Basin Ski and Snowboard Area – If you’re looking to get outside, check out Tyrol Basin! Known for its wicked ski and snowboarding slopes, Tyrol Basin also has summer activities and fitness classes, as well as a haunted attraction in October!
- Cave of the Mounds – This breathtaking limestone cave is open year-round for both guided and self-guided cave tours. With walking trails surrounding the area, you and your family can spend the whole day here!
- Board & Brush Creative Studio – If you’re more of an indoor person, check out this DIY wood sign and wood project workshop. Plan a fun night out with your friends for the ultimate craft and sip experience.
- Visit the Trolls – Mount Horeb is known as the Troll Capital of the World, see if you can find all the troll statues on the Trollway!